McMurray Rainbow Layers Chick I.D. Help (pic heavy)

GothChick

Songster
13 Years
Sep 5, 2010
Wisconsin
Hi everyone,

I received my order from Mcmurray this morning. I ordered 25 Rainbow Layers and they gave me 26 chicks plus a free rare chick. I took pictures of each different looking variety. I'm sure some are probably they same breed with different markings but I took pics anyway. Also sorry about the photo quality my camera charger is missing so I had to use my cell phone to take the pics. I will post the pics with details and my guess and if anyone can help with any ideas of what they might be that would be great! Thanks!

1001101539a.jpg

I got 11 of these, they are mainly black with white spots on their heads and wings and their legs and white and black. I'm guessing Barred Rocks.

1001101525a.jpg

I got 2 of these they are black and white with no head markings and they have black legs. Maybe Black Sex Links?

1001101528a.jpg

I got 2 of these they are black with the cutest little face markings and they have a lot more white then the other black ones. They have yellowish legs.

1001101529a.jpg

I got one really dark brown chipmunk looking one.

1001101531a.jpg

I got 4 reddish colored chipmunk looking ones.

1001101532a.jpg

I got one really light chipmunk one that reminds me of my EEs when they were little but it has yellow legs.

1001101533a.jpg

I got 3 reddish brown chicks.

1001101534a.jpg

I got 2 yellow chicks but one is really yellow and the other is almost white. I put them in the pick together so you can see the color difference.

1001101535a.jpg

Then last I have my "rare breed" chick. Its feather footed and sooo cute.

RareChick2.jpg

No guesses? Also I wanted to add that the Rainbow Layer special includes rare, and standard chicks so it really adds a ton of options.

I have heard of them putting in jersey giants or maybe white leghorns or even buff orp.(yellow/white ones??? reddish brown maybe rhode island reds or something similar???The chipmunks lol maybe aracaunas/easter eggers??? All guesses! I know of show quality black copper marans in chilton wi P.M. me if interested.. W.C.

Last edited:
Here are my guesses...
tongue.png

Pic #2 - Barred Rock?
Pic #3 - Black Sex-Link/Star?
Pic #4 - Black Australorp?
Pic #5 - Brown Leghorn?
Pic #6 - Dark Cornish???
hu.gif

Pic #7 - Dark Cornish???
hu.gif

Pic #8 - Partridge Rock?
Pic #9 - ??? There's a lot of yellow/white chicks, LOL
tongue.png

Pic #10 - Buff Brahma, for sure
wink.png

Hi everyone,

I received my order from Mcmurray this morning. I ordered 25 Rainbow Layers and they gave me 26 chicks plus a free rare chick. I took pictures of each different looking variety. I'm sure some are probably they same breed with different markings but I took pics anyway. Also sorry about the photo quality my camera charger is missing so I had to use my cell phone to take the pics. I will post the pics with details and my guess and if anyone can help with any ideas of what they might be that would be great! Thanks!

1001101539a.jpg

I got 11 of these, they are mainly black with white spots on their heads and wings and their legs and white and black. I'm guessing Barred Rocks.

1001101525a.jpg

I got 2 of these they are black and white with no head markings and they have black legs. Maybe Black Sex Links?

1001101528a.jpg

I got 2 of these they are black with the cutest little face markings and they have a lot more white then the other black ones. They have yellowish legs.

1001101529a.jpg

I got one really dark brown chipmunk looking one.

1001101531a.jpg

I got 4 reddish colored chipmunk looking ones.

1001101532a.jpg

I got one really light chipmunk one that reminds me of my EEs when they were little but it has yellow legs.

1001101533a.jpg

I got 3 reddish brown chicks.

1001101534a.jpg

I got 2 yellow chicks but one is really yellow and the other is almost white. I put them in the pick together so you can see the color difference.

1001101535a.jpg

Then last I have my "rare breed" chick. Its feather footed and sooo cute.

RareChick2.jpg
Chipmunk one looks like an Americana

Back
Top Bottom