Mcmurray Suprise Chick. What we thinking??

I wanna make sure I got my surprise chick right lol. Heres all three together. I know (or bought) two female Ameraucana. So two of these should be the female ameraucana.
IMG_1177.jpeg
IMG_1170.jpeg
IMG_1165.jpeg

First time adding chicks to my flock so im new to raising littles. My chickens are now a week and a half old. I ordered 6 females and 1 free suprise chick from mcmurray.

1 barred rock, 2 cuckoo marans, 1 golden campine, and 2 ameraucana.
View attachment 3834028
Heres my mystery chick. What we thinking? Possibly a whiting true green?! Maybe female? Lol

I also have a chick like this I got from McMurray and have been equally stumped. At 3 weeks, it looks like this (also attaching a pic of it the day I got it, and at about a week and a half old): IMG_6248.jpeg IMG_5994.jpeg IMG_6136.jpeg

Just going off the green legs and coloring, I agree it looks like an Easter Egger. Also, your Ameraucanas are also known as Easter Eggers. Hatcheries like to sell EEs under that name. Very cute little chicks!! Post pics when your mystery grows out a little :)

I wanna make sure I got my surprise chick right lol. Heres all three together. I know (or bought) two female Ameraucana. So two of these should be the female ameraucana. View attachment 3834367View attachment 3834368View attachment 3834369
I think you got it right. This is what my brown “Ameraucana” looked like when she was almost 2 weeks old and then when she feathered out. I have another that looks like her, but a black face and gold instead of the white. Then I have an all black one and an all white one. All of the girls I received from McMurray are so friendly! If you have time, please update progress pics! They’re all so cute!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6262.jpeg
    IMG_6262.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7921.jpeg
    IMG_7921.jpeg
    597.1 KB · Views: 6
so cutee! Im loving the chick life. I still cant believe how fast they grow and change. Ill share updated pics. Any ideas or insight on how to tell if all of my “ladies” are ladies?

So similar!! Mine is a few shades darker? Possibly?
Mine has lightened up quite a bit from when it first arrived. It was much more red, but as soon as feathers starting coming in with the white, definitely lightened up. So hard to say what either of ours could be! (I ordered 15 choice layer pullets, and I don’t think this was the mystery chick, but with a mixed selection, it’s hard to tell!)

Back
Top Bottom