McMurray vs Cackle Hatchery which is better over all?

What breeds are you looking to get? How many chicks? Cackle has a 3 chick per breed minimum, so if you want to try one of a bunch of different breeds I would go with McMurray as you can get as few as you like of each breed. I have also ordered with success from Ideal and they were very good also with the 1 chick per breed same as McM.

Agree w previous poster if you are looking for True Ameraucanas by color Cackle is the only good option.

Welcome!
Both are fine, although I think Cackle has better individuals of at least some breeds. As mentioned, EEs are what's sold as Ameraucanas most places, except Cackle. In years gone by, we had several orders from MMcM, and their extra chicks tended to be males. We've been ordering from Cackle because they have the white Chanteclers we want, and their extra chicks are more of the breeds already in our order, and often are pullets.
We've had 'whoops' orders from both, always rectified with no issues when we let them know.
It's amazing that things get as well sorted as they are, given the daily numbers of chicks shipped daily!
Mary

What breeds are you looking to get? How many chicks? Cackle has a 3 chick per breed minimum, so if you want to try one of a bunch of different breeds I would go with McMurray as you can get as few as you like of each breed. I have also ordered with success from Ideal and they were very good also with the 1 chick per breed same as McM.

Agree w previous poster if you are looking for True Ameraucanas by color Cackle is the only good option.
I ordered from cackle in May, they had a "city town female special" package. I was able to order 3 chicks mox and match breed. Im my case a dominique, golden comet & black sex link. I've not gone through the whole thread yet to see if this has been mentioned, but just in case Cackle did offer an option if you are wanting a variety. Its worked out well for us, they all seem to get along.

Attachments

• 20220709_203732.jpg
    20220709_203732.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 9
  • -mwx3no.jpg
    -mwx3no.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom