McMurrey Black and Red Stars????

Why not just use "≠ "??? In math that means "does not equal".

Since most red sex-links are bred for heavy egg production...perhaps the hatchery is only taking the data submitted by the large egg production areas into consideration when writing the description???

My Cinnamon Queen has already started laying... 18 weeks old... tiny eggs now, but many more eggs already than my Red Star.

Red Star is gonna have to become dinner I'm thinking.

Hmmmm....ironically I did not read the post after I wrote it.

I had typed in an equal sign with a line through it. Which indicates "does not equal to." Here is a picture of what I was attempting to post in the message.

There is no need to be nasty.

FC_NotEqual_41725_th.gif

You might want to read profiles a bit closer...I'm female.

Last edited:
OK, the talk about the Delawares being one of the breed that make up the Red Star or Black Star, I have a question about them.

They are a beautiful chicken and a definite breed. If I invested in strictly the Delawares, would I have the same egg production for our small commercial adventure we plan as if I went ahead and got the red stars or black stars? Or does it just have to be the cross breds for best egg production?

We plan to free range, feed natural feeds when necessary, we hope and depending on price.

Connie

You might enjoy New Hampshire Reds instead. They matured earlier than my black stars and lay a larger, more beautiful egg on a more regular basis. Their eggs are a large, deep brown, very glossy, thick- walled egg.

When I get a broody, I will definitely be putting all NH eggs under her for a new flock, as you can't get any better than these gals! I have RIR, NH, Black Star, White Rock, BO, Black Aussies, Leghorn, Doms, Golden Sexlink, EE and some mixed breeds. Of them all, the NH pullets are outperforming the rest! And funny, quirky, friendly....huge, meaty size as well.

Last edited:
I was just going to jump in and say that there are so many other breeds out there.......that aren't hybrids and my have the character traits you want.

Back
Top Bottom