Me again! On day 19/20!

chandlerchickens

In the Brooder
Jan 16, 2024
Hi! Me again lol. I’m on day 19 or 20 (put in incubator around 7/8pm on 2/1)
My eggs have been rocking and rolling like CRAZY (one literally never stops) for about 3 days now. But… I’m not hearing any peeping yet. I know it could still be a little early, but I thought for sure I’d be hearing some by now and seeing pips by the end of the evening.
I’m concerned because they’re shipped eggs and most have HUGE saddled air sacks. I’ll add a photo… it’s really bad!
I placed them with the larger air side up.

Very consistent 99.5 temp (slight fluctuations 99-100 briefly) humidity consistently 45-50% until 2 days ago then I bumped to 60-65 now it’s sitting at about 70%.

Attachments

• ACD93990-A4DA-4AB9-9AEB-3040E219E5D1.jpeg
    ACD93990-A4DA-4AB9-9AEB-3040E219E5D1.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 23
That sounds like perfect settings to me, and looks okay. Don't get discouraged. No more candling or opening the incubator. They should be in lockdown three days prior to hatch day so you don't accidentally drop the humidity when one has pipped.

I hatch a lot of shipped eggs and sometimes get lucky and get around 70%, but last time, not even half. You'll hopefully do well on yours! ☺️

That sounds like perfect settings to me, and looks okay. Don't get discouraged. No more candling or opening the incubator. They should be in lockdown three days prior to hatch day so you don't accidentally drop the humidity when one has pipped.

I hatch a lot of shipped eggs and sometimes get lucky and get around 70%, but last time, not even half. You'll hopefully do well on yours! ☺️
They’ve been on lockdown for 2 days now! That photo was from right before I set them!

Ok thank you!! I started with 15 eggs and now have 6 on lockdown :-/ 3 cracks, 2 detached air cells, 1 not fertilized, and 2 that stopped developing around day 8-10

They’ve been on lockdown for 2 days now! That photo was from right before I set them!

Ok thank you!! I started with 15 eggs and now have 6 on lockdown :-/ 3 cracks, 2 detached air cells, 1 not fertilized, and 2 that stopped developing around day 8-10
Awe, whew!! Not too shabby, really!

Excuses I gave for mine were, the post office took 3 extra days beyond the 2-3 days shipping, and it's winter so the hens aren't as fertile as they'd be if we'd wait for spring/summer to do this lol.

Awe, whew!! Not too shabby, really!

Excuses I gave for mine were, the post office took 3 extra days beyond the 2-3 days shipping, and it's winter so the hens aren't as fertile as they'd be if we'd wait for spring/summer to do this lol.
I know I’m pretty happy that 6 made it to lockdown! I really really hope they all hatch! But we shall see!! Lol my excuse is that shipping ruined 5 and I screwed something up that made those other 2 die 😭

Back
Top Bottom