meal worm fertilizer ?

broody rooster

Chirping
Jul 17, 2015
hey everyone ive been raising mealworms for awhile now and am on my 6th generation i think ...anyway uhm i decided to clean the plastic tub out as i could see layers and layers of their powdery waste so have separated it and now have at least a pound of the stuff
sickbyc.gif
but i was curious if i could use it as fertilizer or would i just be inviting mold fungi and other nasty stuff? oh i have been feeding them a lot of things to add variety to their diet like if a fish from my tank dies i drop it in there and its hollowed out by the next day i put stale bread and other stuff in there for them to munch on as well so let me know what y'all think and any experiences from trying this im interested in thank you

It's good fertiliser, but use in moderation. I added some to the herbs I have growing on my windowsill and darn near killed the origanum when I put too much on.

PS. fungi are actually great in soil. no fungi no fertility.
FYI, you can have fertile soil without fungus in the soil.

Fertility refers to how nutrient rich the soil is or how well plants grow in the soil.
Yes some types fungus is good to have in your soil i.e. Decomposers and Mutualists but Pathogens are bad for the soil.

Back
Top Bottom