Mealworm farming

Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't getting responses to any posts on any threads. I'm glad to see everything is fine. .)

I've been researching the super worms and I have found that I need to isolate them for a long time to get them to pupate. In the meantime I plan to get my meal worm farm going to. It will give me something to focus on while I "patiently" wait for the long super worms to do their thing.
I wonder if there is a super worm thread? Looking at the website it looks like just one breeding session can create thousands of new super worms.
smile.png
It's been awhile since I looked but there were tons of videos on Youtube for growing Superworms . . .

Well....its Pupaville in my bottom drawer.  This are a hoppin and wigglin!!!!   I estimate that within a few days, I'll have a couple hundred beetles.  Then it'll be on like Donkey Kong in my top drawer.  :lau

I'll post some pics tomorrow.  It's fixin to get fun!!!  :)

Eddie

Can't wait to see the pics!

Last edited:
I agree with the potato thing. They aren't working out well for us.

I used potatoes for a short while then stopped - they get moldy.
A recommendation to me by Gallo who has a pretty great thread on the way he raises mealworms....cut the potatoes VERY thin. I take my time and cut them 1/8" or less. They don't mold then because they are devoured before there is a chance. I like to use potatoes cuz they keep my operating expenses low. I tried cabbage...they didnt like it. I tried carrots too....not much luck but am going to try them again. They love celery too. And of course apples.... :)

Hello all,

Here's my colony...they seem to be thriving. I think that the electric blanket I leave over them all day and night is working. I purchased a monitor with a sensor that is inside the drawer system to monitor humidity and temp. It stays around 93 degrees in there....humidity around 45%.

I have been farming mealworms for over a year, and find that I am always scared of sifting excrement for fear of tossing eggs. Can you please share with me how large the eggs are in comparison to the excrement?

Back
Top Bottom