"Mean Girl"... Turned into a ROO!!!

DramaBrahmaMama

Songster
Mar 11, 2022
Knoxville, IA
So, the Roo Hoover's marked as a Roo, turns out is maybe a pullet. And the pullet I was calling "Mean Girl" turned out to be the Roo. I'm just hoping that I don't have 2 Roos now...
I have (6) 8-week-old Brahmas and (5) 8-week-old Barred Rocks. I know the Barred Rock pullets have profound combs; I've raised them before. But these Braham's are confusing the crap out of me. Wings look the same from the Roo to the Pullets. I just can't tell....
Any thoughts?
Rooster.jpg
I think this one is definitely a Roo!
Brahma Roo or Hen.jpg
This is the one that was marked the Roo, but is looking like a pullet to me.... (You can still see the red paint on it)
Brahma Roo or Hen2.jpg
Here's a side pic of the one they had marked as a Roo...

Brahma Hen.jpg
This is a pullet...right??? 🤦‍♀️

Barred Rock Hen.jpg
And here's a BR, my most developed. I'll be watching her to be the first to lay....

So, the Roo Hoover's marked as a Roo, turns out is maybe a pullet. And the pullet I was calling "Mean Girl" turned out to be the Roo. I'm just hoping that I don't have 2 Roos now...
I have (6) 8-week-old Brahmas and (5) 8-week-old Barred Rocks. I know the Barred Rock pullets have profound combs; I've raised them before. But these Braham's are confusing the crap out of me. Wings look the same from the Roo to the Pullets. I just can't tell....
Any thoughts?
View attachment 3091805 I think this one is definitely a Roo!
View attachment 3091807 This is the one that was marked the Roo, but is looking like a pullet to me.... (You can still see the red paint on it)View attachment 3091808 Here's a side pic of the one they had marked as a Roo...

View attachment 3091811 This is a pullet...right??? 🤦‍♀️

View attachment 3091814 And here's a BR, my most developed. I'll be watching her to be the first to lay....
First Brahma is a rooster, others are pullets

Last edited:
#1 (Brahma) is likely a cockerel. Brahmas are one of the harder breeds to sex so I agree, they are confusing. Would you be able to post more photos of the likely cockerel?
#2 (Brahma) - Pullet
#3 (Brahma) - Pullet
#4 (BR) - Pullet

Nice looking flock!
He only had so much patience for me. I was trying to get his tail feathers. As you can see... He was plotting my death from above... 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• Brahma Roo2.jpg
    Brahma Roo2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 12
  • Brahma Roo.jpg
    Brahma Roo.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Brahma Roo Tail.jpg
    Brahma Roo Tail.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 13
So, everyone thinks this might be a pullet? This is the one originally marked as a Roo. And he/she was the smallest of the brood. There is a slight waddle popping out. Being unfamiliar with Brahmas, I didn't know if hens will have them as well. I know they do in my Barred Rocks.

Attachments

• Brahma Roo or Hen.jpg
    Brahma Roo or Hen.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Brahma Roo or Hen2.jpg
    Brahma Roo or Hen2.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom