mean little bantams

RAWR

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
who wants to know?
on Tuesday we got 6 White Black Tailed Bantams and the two roos are just flat out mean. they attack the other chickens and the chicks. they keep to themselves and attack anyone that goes near them. WHAT DO WE DO!?!?
th.gif
hide.gif

They're still chicks. Theres 6 in all. 2 roo's and 4 hens. I think they're a few weeks older than our 3 week old chicks. They scare all 25 chicks! They're piling to keep away. They're also in a large area. IDK? I took them out and had them in the coop, and they hide & run off ANYONE (chicken wise) that comes near? Will they snap out of it? They are susposed to be thechickengoesRAWR's 4H project! Help!!!!
idunno.gif
hit.gif

Quote:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seperate them for a little while, the age difference of only a few weeks can be too much for small chicks.

Seperate them so they can all still see each other, but can't get to each other (like make a little pen out of chicken wire or something in the coop). They'll get over it!

*chicken+quail=luv* :

Name one dinner and one lunch...

I've got to laugh at this one. I have a hen who as a chick looked different from her counterparts and was quite aggressive. We assumed she was a roo and named her "Dinner". I was stunned when Dinner turned broody this spring. She is still a pill sometimes. She has had to be removed from the flock for a few days to stop her bullying. It really works to isolate the bullies for a few days. When they return to the flock they've been taken down a peg or two, and they stop bullying until they re-establish their position in the hierarchy.
Good luck.​

Back
Top Bottom