Mean little S#%T

I have some six week olds and was seeing one getting blooded up a bit I watched and
it was the roo he was mating with the hens but also being really aggressive just pecking at the one bloody hen. I was thinking he might be overly amorous. I took out the hen to
let here head heal up but was wondering what you do about the over Amorous guy? Strange thing is he is not picking at the other hen at all.

These are Coturnix.

Thanks,

John

When I get a pecker I pull them out and watch the pen for any other problems. By removing the offender I end up with a lot less future problems.
Once things are quiet again I replace the aggressive bird with a more even temper bird. But I have a bachelor pen so I can choose a new roo if needed or replace a pecking hen from stock in my grow out pens.

Well, because I'm a softy vegetarian weirdo, I'd end up building them all their own private apartments....and coat any injured heads with Blu Kote, if the bleeding has stopped (or dust with Styptic Powder if it's still bleeding much).

Like I said, I'm weird.

Well got the little peckerhead isolated today . Thinking about scrapping this batch and ordering some jumbo browns eggs . Not real tickled with these birds .

Jug

Interesting. I have one male and 4 females together, The male beat up all 4 females. Im eating that rotten S.O.B.

Quote:
NICE, SEE KIDS IF YOU WORK HARD AND REALLY THROW 110% AT YOUR JOB YOU'LL BE REWARDED....... (by some okie eating you)
smile.png

JUST KIDDING
smile.png
COULDNT RESIST
smile.png

I believe that I would get the pecker down and snip the end of his beak off with some finger nail clippers. Put him back and see what happens.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom