Mean Roo

Oct 22, 2020
Norther WI
My Coop
My Coop
this is not your normal story about "Oh my sweet you baby has tried to spur me what do I do?!?!"
This is me looking for some help with an absolute jack of a rooster.

I got him as a 6-month-old and he has been the Devil since then the people who had him pampered him, held him, babied him, and god he's just downright mean he flaps up at me spurs at me, and a bunch of other stuff. I have shown him I am the boss he has gotten a few good boots but it has done nothing... NOTHING he has just gotten worse he is as mean as a dam badger. Is there anything else I can do? Otherwise, he is going to freezer camp in about a month.

this is not your normal story about "Oh my sweet you baby has tried to spur me what do I do?!?!"
This is me looking for some help with an absolute jack of a rooster.

I got him as a 6-month-old and he has been the Devil since then the people who had him pampered him, held him, babied him, and god he's just downright mean he flaps up at me spurs at me, and a bunch of other stuff. I have shown him I am the boss he has gotten a few good boots but it has done nothing... NOTHING he has just gotten worse he is as mean as a dam badger. Is there anything else I can do? Otherwise, he is going to freezer camp in about a month.
Have you tried holding him down with his face to the ground? You know like a rooster would when he wins the fight? I had kinda the same thing happen. I had the best roo. Sure he danced, and did normal roo things, but he was so well behaved. Gave him to my friend and he turned into a Satan spawn. They think its hilarious though cause he is a tiny Cochin Bantam.

You have him chances.
Screenshot_20220524-211619.png

Good thread Here regarding some rooster advice. I got tremendous help from reading Shadrach's articles, although I have not dealt with a bird persistently demonstrating aggressive behavior as it sounds like your guy has. I have caught my rooster mid-air before and held him, which surprised him greatly.

Have you tried holding him down with his face to the ground? You know like a rooster would when he wins the fight? I had kinda the same thing happen. I had the best roo. Sure he danced, and did normal roo things, but he was so well behaved. Gave him to my friend and he turned into a Satan spawn. They think its hilarious though cause he is a tiny Cochin Bantam.
Yes I have tried holding him down multiple times did nothin

Good thread Here regarding some rooster advice. I got tremendous help from reading Shadrach's articles, although I have not dealt with a bird persistently demonstrating aggressive behavior as it sounds like your guy has. I have caught my rooster mid-air before and held him, which surprised him greatly.
I'll look at that thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom