Mean rooster

Haleymay

Hatching
May 25, 2020
Hello,we rescued a hen from a meat farm about a month or two ago and we have a laying den inside our coop that we’ve been keeping her in. But recently when letting her out my roster still attacks her(brutally until she bleeds) and just yesterday he attacked my son.so I separated him from the flock and now all my hens and ducks get along.what should I do? Clearly he can’t get along with the rest.is there a reason he still won’t accept any newcomers?what should I do from here.(my rooster is a Rhode Island Red)

Attachments

• 2DDD98F6-7F92-4B5E-85DD-1689F3F5DC2A.png
    2DDD98F6-7F92-4B5E-85DD-1689F3F5DC2A.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
How old is he? Do you have a reason to keep him? I personally would butcher him for the freezer. I don't tolerate aggression here.

Roosters that attack are not safe around children. Either sell him to someone to butcher or do so yourselves. There are many wonderful roosters and there is no need to keep a bad boy! Get rid of him ASAP before a human gets bloodied!

How old is he? Do you have a reason to keep him? I personally would butcher him for the freezer. I don't tolerate aggression here.
He was born about a week or 2 before Easter of 2018 and I wanted to keep him to reproduce but I can’t if he’s not going to change his temperament.if I have to I’ll get a nicer rooster

He was born about a week or 2 before Easter of 2018 and I wanted to keep him to reproduce but I can’t if he’s not going to change his temperament.if I have to I’ll get a nicer rooster
Most roosters will mature past bad behaviors if they are gonna by 2 years. I've had luck penning them when younger so those behaviors don't get set. At your roosters age I would definitely send him on his way.

Back
Top Bottom