Mean rooster

Well you got any suggestions as what I should build? In a 15 foot by 15 foot building?

The Usual Guidelines
For each adult, standard-sized hen you need:
  • 4 square feet in the coop (.37 square meters)
  • 10 square feet in the run (.93 square meters),
  • 1 linear foot of roost (.3 meters),
  • 1/4 of a nest box,
  • And 1 square foot (.09 square meters) of permanent, 24/7/365 ventilation, preferably located over the birds' heads when they're sitting on the roost.
Bantams are usually considered to require half the space of a normal chicken.

I have a 1 year old mean rooster named Jack the Ripper for a reason. He's always attacking me and he's got another month before he goes into the pot. That month is for him to give me some babies. I'm so done with him. He knocked me off a ladder that broke my shoulder and have had to have shoulder replacement surgery. It's not looking good for him!

I have a 1 year old mean rooster named Jack the Ripper for a reason. He's always attacking me and he's got another month before he goes into the pot. That month is for him to give me some babies. I'm so done with him. He knocked me off a ladder that broke my shoulder and have had to have shoulder replacement surgery. It's not looking good for him!
Don't keep his sons. I'd just get him gone now and find an actually nice rooster someone is trying to rehome

Unless you absolutely NEED his genetics for some reason better to get a different father for your flock.

Temperament is often heritable.

Back
Top Bottom