Medicated feed and coccidiosis?

Dsotto

Chirping
May 4, 2020
I have 11, 4 week old chicks. They started spending afternoons outdoors when it's warm. They've been on medicated feed and have not been vaccinated for coccidiosis.
Today I'm seeing some loose orange-ish stools with a bit of darker orange and maybe redish tint to it. It's all one piece, no chunks or anything.
Should the medicated feed help their bodies fight it or should I still treat with Corid?

Thank you!

Can you post a picture of the poo? Chicken poo has a wide range of normal. But the medication used in medicated feed is only a preventative. If a chick gets coccidiosis then his feed intake will decrease. Decreasing the amount of medication he’s getting. So if your chicks are eating less and you think they have coccidiosis then treat them with the corrid.

Can you post a picture of the poo? Chicken poo has a wide range of normal. But the medication used in medicated feed is only a preventative. If a chick gets coccidiosis then his feed intake will decrease. Decreasing the amount of medication he’s getting. So if your chicks are eating less and you think they have coccidiosis then treat them with the corrid.
I cleaned everything out and was waiting to take a picture and it seemed to have resolve itself yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom