Medicated feed for ducklings?

SassyKat6181

Songster
9 Years
Aug 30, 2010
Western Mass
The woman at TSC said to go with the medicated feed, but I read online not to feed it, because ducks will over-eat and can overdose???? What does everyone do? Also, are there vaccinations for ducks like I did for my chicks?

I also read that you should not use medicated feed for the same reasons you listed. I cannot get waterfowl feed in my town. I use one part chick starter (non medicated), one part game-bird starter/grower, and one-half part uncooked oatmeal for my ducklings. I got this recipe from, Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks. My local feed store carries all of the feeds mentioned above, except oatmeal. That I get at the grocery store:).

There are vaccinations you CAN get for your ducks, but they shouldn't usually need them. As for medicated feed, they WILL overdose. You should NEVER feed medicated feed, it riks the lives of your ducklings. I feed Purina Flock Raiser, they sell it at my feed store. It has the perfect amount of protein, and it has niacin. I highly recommend it, but if they don't sell that, I would get Mazuri.
smile.png

Quote:
I'm not sure... I heard ducklings should start on high protein about 20% adolescents get about 18% and laying females about 15%... I'm just going to feed mine the same amount until they lay...
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom