Medication and eggs

Feb 1, 2019
Cannock Chase Staffordshire UK
One my ex-bat hens has runny poop on and off. So I thought as a precaution I would treat them all - 2 hens and 2 pullets - with Harker 3 in 1 for Canker, Coccidiocis and worms. Will I still be able to eat their (occasional) eggs or should I feed them back to them or discard them altogether? Can anyone please advise me. Thank you.

One my ex-bat hens has runny poop on and off. So I thought as a precaution I would treat them all - 2 hens and 2 pullets - with Harker 3 in 1 for Canker, Coccidiocis and worms. Will I still be able to eat their (occasional) eggs or should I feed them back to them or discard them altogether? Can anyone please advise me. Thank you.
You should not eat the eggs, you should discard of them. It should say on the medication the egg withdrawal period.

You can look up possible egg withdrawal times for the Levamisole and the Ronidazole online, or call your university poultry expert Monday.
Neither drug is approved for use in laying hens here, but your rules may be different.
There's a reason it's labeled for pigeons and not chickens.
Mary

According to the US website FARAD.org, Levamisole is approved for poultry in Australia, with no details given. Neither wormer is listed as approved for use in poultry in the UK. Call about it Monday. Our advice isn't so pertinent for you in the UK.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom