Medicine remedy for chicken with blood coming out of vent

Emelyn

Crowing
Mar 14, 2021
-
A few months ago my chicken had blood coming out of her vent which was really unfortunate. She also kept laying bloody eggs too. I had to snip the feathers around her vent and clean her vent pretty constantly with warm water. I was so worried about her health so I did my research on what I should do and everyone was like "don't feed her mealworms" or "give her onions" and telling me to give her onions or oregano or apple cider vinegar separately so I just created my own recipe since I was sick of hearing one thing after another so here it is (tell me how it goes on your chicken and please remember you have to supply the chicken with constant plain water too and continue giving her the feed for a few days)

- 1/2 of an onion (chopped into small digestible cubes)
- 2-3 pinches of oregano powder
- 1 full medium sized tomato or 1/2 of a big one (this is optional but IMO in encourages the chicken to eat it)
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- 4-5 medium sized drops of apple cider vinegar

I thought chickens weren't supposed to eat onions?
It helps with their digestive tract when they have problems with digestion or egglaying. I give onions to my chickens when they are sick and they seem A LOT better within a few days. Sometimes I give it to my normal chickens too and they seem fine.

Back
Top Bottom