Medium Coop Build Thread

We have a roof and windows and a poop board done, agghh!!!! Soooo happy. The coop exterior, except for doors, is finished, have a little more painting to do inside and wiring the upper vent. Love it!

I'll get more pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1941.JPG
    IMG_1941.JPG
    788.7 KB · Views: 47
The coop is 95% done.
I'll get pictures once it stops raining. The only tasks that remain are to tack up the hardware cloth on the wrap around "under-roof ventilation", attach latches to the two doors, finish the nesting box, and the roosting bar. Yay!
This weekend we will finish that and add the run. Then our 7 ladies and Jeraldo (our white crested black polish roo) will be crusting up the new digs. So excited!

I am absolutely loving my new coop! The next things on the list are to string up some electric wire around the bottom of the run, so I can leave the fluffers out when I'm not home. And, to finish the ramp up to the roost and add hangers for feeders. Here are some random new pics, I'll get more of the inside when I have some time off :

Attachments

• IMG_1964.JPG
    IMG_1964.JPG
    461.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1984.JPG
    IMG_1984.JPG
    491.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2002.JPG
    IMG_2002.JPG
    561.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2009.JPG
    IMG_2009.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Yes, they're hatchery choice "rare breeds" could be anything... which was why I couldn't resist.
1f602.png
There are 2 more but they were napping by the time it got around to their turn, so I'll snap pics of them later. If anyone has any educated guesses as to breeds, I'll take it
1f601.png
#3 looks like Speckled Sussex, are they considered rare by that hatchery?

#3 looks like Speckled Sussex, are they considered rare by that hatchery?
Out of those chicks I ended up with an Egyptian Fayoumis, and New Hampshire( we assume) and Chick #3 turned into this lovely lady of unknown origin who lays a small relatively dark brown egg:

Attachments

• IMG_2012.JPG
    IMG_2012.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2013.JPG
    IMG_2013.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2014.JPG
    IMG_2014.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 27
Looking very good!! I'm so glad you put them in the shade!!
Me too! We get plenty of 100 degree days, so shade and ventilation were a top priority. We don't have much of a cold winter to worry about, just have to keep them dry during our "cold" months, which I've got covered. My girls are loving it.

Back
Top Bottom