Meet C.J. (pictures galore~)

Quote:
Yes...that was me.
smile.png
I am so sorry you lost your little sweetie. I know you miss him terribly.
sad.png
He was beautiful and obviously very loved. I still have mine and people are just amazed at what a sweetheart he is.
smile.png

Last edited:
CJ is really cute, sorry he is no longer around for you. He sure had a nice life, and was really loved. Possums are cute, but I've been bitten and scratched by them more times than I care to recall at the zoo. I don't think I'd ever want to raise one. Even the "unreleasable sweet heart" at the zoo has scratched and bitten me. Thanks for sharing your story.

Sorry for your loss. That was a beautiful story and I think you are a beautiful person with good heart. You are special!!!
love.gif

Silkie- thanks! I just didn't want people to think I was saying "Look at this! How could you kill this!?", just as I didn't want people to say "the only good opossum is a dead one", but I was hopeful that even those people who've lost chickens to an opossum would see that every animal is an individual. And just because CJ never would have bit me, didn't mean his mom wouldn't tear me limb from limb~

cthrash1- Thank you~ I'm very happy that BYC is chock-full of such caring and understanding individuals. Besides, who could look at that face and NOT go Awwwww~

luvmychicknkids-
Hah! I was always surprised at how sweet my own baby was! You'd think something that was just plucked from the wild would still have wild in him, but I've heard nothing but how sweet pet-opossums are!

coffeelady-
They're definitely cute! Those cute little noses, dark eyes, and silly ears; they just scream adorable~

Godsgrl- I guess all of them have their own personalities? Even as a baby he never showed any aggression towards humans, even as I plucked him up out of the grass... Hm. I'm sorry CJ's brethren hath scratched and bit you! He would have been more than happy to prove them wrong if he was still with us~

cmom- Well thank you! I wish my mom appreciated my "beautiful" soul as much as you seem too~ i guess after bringing home kittens, stray dogs, little chicks, a opossum and a dove, she gets a little annoyed with me. Well, in the words of Sheldon Mopes (Death to Smoochy), you can't change the world, but you can make a dent! And I'm doing my best to make some dents.

Jessika- I figured if anyone would appreciate my story, it'd be my friends here at BYC. Thank YOU for reading~

he was gorgeous and atleast you can smile in the knowledge and love that you were lucky enough to raise and spend that full year with sucha wonderful and interesting and IMO beautiful creature.

Theres a breeder of Oppossums and other "wild/domestic bred" critters on the other side of my state that i'd lOVE to buy a skunk and oppossum from someday. Atleast here in PA though we'd get in deep doo doo for raising one up without a rehabers permit....but i am allowed legally to buy one from a licensed breeder as long as the licensed breeder gives me a certificate stating that i bought it from a licensed breeder. So sooommmeday i'll know what it feels like to raise up a north american marsupial!

Back
Top Bottom