Meet Chaos

RenataPorter

Chirping
Apr 4, 2021
So, I have 12 chicks that are 10 weeks old and one of them just looks a mess. She's half the size of the others. Still doesn't have feathers underneath and what feathers she has are all over the place. She isn't acting sick as a matter of fact she's really active. The other birds aren't picking on her. I'm just wondering if I should be worried. I don't have a great picture of her...sorry

Attachments

• 20230611_074619.jpg
    20230611_074619.jpg
    799.5 KB · Views: 24
This is a pullet. 💯 the legs look a bit thick, but everything else says she will lay eggs eventually 😉

If she is acting fine behaviorally, it probably isnt something you should be concerned about - or could do much about. It could very well be a defect that she carries to her first molt, and then the feathers come back normal - or perhaps they look crazy again.

Actually looks pretty awesome. Im a big fan of the misfit chickens. She would fit right in here 😁

That's quite a bit of frizzle frazzle razzle dazzle she's got going on there. 😉
Not something I've seen before.
Glad to hear she is well and active otherwise. It will be interesting to see how it goes after her first molt.

This is a pullet. 💯 the legs look a bit thick, but everything else says she will lay eggs eventually 😉

If she is acting fine behaviorally, it probably isnt something you should be concerned about - or could do much about. It could very well be a defect that she carries to her first molt, and then the feathers come back normal - or perhaps they look crazy again.

Actually looks pretty awesome. Im a big fan of the misfit chickens. She would fit right in here 😁
Yeah, I was excited to have her as different...and then got into my own head on maybe something was wrong. Seriously, she behaves healthy as all get out. If anything, the others have a hard time keeping up with her. But boy she looks a hot mess! Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom