Meet Karen and her prize....

DramaBrahmaMama

Songster
Mar 11, 2022
Knoxville, IA
“Get chickens….” I said….

“It’ll be fun….” I said…

WELL, I’M STUPID! 😕

I should have just stuck to Barred Rocks… easy… peasy!!!

You build a coop; they just know to go in at night!

You provide boxes; they just know to lay their eggs in them!

But, NOOOOOOO…. I HAAAAAAAAD to have Drama Brahmas!!!

So, I’m watching this Brahma for like an hour this morning…..

She’s pacing the coop, she’s in and out of every box. She’s working herself up,
and every other hen in the flock! :wee

“KAREN!!! JUST GET IN THE BOX AND LAY YOUR %^$& EGGGGGG!!!!” :barnie

Then she goes under the coop… into a deep hole they have previously dug…

Where she begins panting, wings drooping, tail down, and starts closing her eyes… ☠

Now listen, my least favorite thing, just under sticking a finger in a vent to find an egg…

is to put a chicken in a bath. But it’s looking like this is it… I have no other choice. 🤷‍♀️

So, out comes the litter box, warm water, Epsom salt, and towel. And I’m mentally

preparing for Operation Hen Retrieval….

This is going to require me catching the rooster, cover his eyes, sneak in the granddaughter to

crawl under the coop and grab the chicken and get out before R2D2 kills both of us. :oops:

We head out to the coop…

And, of course, there she is… in the run… pecking around and eating like nothing happened. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Under the coop… in the hole, is her prize work. Which a barred rock is unsuccessfully trying to

retrieve. Rolling it up… and dropping it back into the hole. 🤦‍♀️

So, Operation Hen Retrieval turned to Operation Egg Retrieval. :fl

To which, the barred rock was like, “Hey thanks… wait… COME BACK WITH THAT!!!” :th

So, yeah… Get Chickens… It’s so much fun…..

Attachments

• Drama Brahma.jpg
    Drama Brahma.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Egg operation.jpg
    Egg operation.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 4
Love Brahmas, love that her name is Karen, it's my name too 💛. My next door neighbor had a couple very entertaining, beautiful, big brahma ladies. They were happy to jump on top of their coop, but would act like they were going to die when it came time to get down. Imagine some big fluffbutts pacing back and forth and doing that nervous braaaaaaawwk, braaawwwk bawk bawk.....
Until their keeper would come get them down. Her other chickens would hop up there, pick apples out of the tree by the fence, and nimbly hop down no problem. The brahmas would follow and then remember they were afraid of heights and call for "mom".😂

I have 3--and they are the most talkative of my group. Super afraid of everything but the first to come up and ask for a treat :) They are huge fluffy butt girls that are a truly a breed of their own. My youngest can catch and snuggle them all with no problems and they are afraid of our 2 week old chicks, literally jump straight up in the air when they go running by

My Brahma hen is Queen B and that B word rhymes with Witch. 🙄 She'll bully the hens out of the nest boxes and then not even use that box. She just has to try it out and see if that's the one she wants to use. They're BRATS but I love her! She's a great momma.
Sheesh those poor other hens, good thing she is a good mom and has you who loves her 😂

Back
Top Bottom