Meet my "girls" and let me know what they are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JanaBanana1, Mar 6, 2011.

1. JanaBanana1

JanaBanana1 In the Brooder

Feb 22, 2011
    My hens were delivered yesterday... I am not sure what breed they are but she told me what she was told. Can you tell me for sure? thanks [​IMG]

This is Yolko-Uno {has already given me 2 eggs!} lady said she was a Black Sexlink?
    [​IMG]

This is Gerdy {she thinks she is hot stuff} lady said she was a Red Sexlink?
    [​IMG]

This is Dumpling {smallest of the bunch} lady said she was also a Red Sexlink?
    [​IMG]

This is Omelette an EE
    [​IMG]

This is Atilla the Hen {BIG girl} lady didnt know what she was? Is she a Plymouth Rock?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Songster

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Hmm...Nice Birds. I agree with the middle three. Not too sure about the first one. But she is a real looker. [​IMG] The last one does look like a Plymouth Rock. [​IMG] There all very nice whatever they are. [​IMG]

3. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I think Gerdy is a Production Red / RIR and Atilla is probably a white rock. I think you have the others right. Beautiful girls [​IMG]

4. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Songster

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Yolko Ono - Black Sexlink

Gerdy - Red Sexlink or Rhode Island Red (depending on the cross, some Red Sexlink hens are dark red with black tails, looking just like an RIR. The most common example would be Rhode Island Red x Delaware.)

Dumpling - Red Sexlink (aka Golden Comet, Cinnamon Queen, Red Star, Gold Comet, etc.)

Omellete - Easter Egger

Atilla - White Plymouth Rock

5. JanaBanana1

Feb 22, 2011
    Thanks [​IMG] {the whole sexlink thing confuses me?} They aren't listed in books or online?

6. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Songster

Quote:I agree. There's a section on Sexlinks on here with LOADS of info.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=261208
    They're basicly taking two pure breeds and breeding them together (only 1 generation) so they can be sexed by their down feathers as chicks. They're usually some of the best production birds.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  7. JanaBanana1

Feb 22, 2011
    Thanks [​IMG] I will check out the link!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: