Meet Thor, Jr. "TJ" (dark brahma over light)

Quote:
I keep telling TJ to whip Impy's scrawny butt and take over the flock, but alas TJ is like his dad; a lover not a fighter.
hmm.png

lol, its better to have a lover and a creepy it/thing, then a fighter and a bald thing.

Is Impy a mean rooster when it comes to people or will he let you pick him up ? As for attacking the hens, maybe he needs more the normal ten, with those hormones maybe 15 or 20.

One day all of Grits fuzzies are going to look like Impy....he's gonna sneak and get them all. Then she will have a whole flock of Impys...
lau.gif

Quote:
Impy's not mean, just clumsy.
roll.png
He has 12 hens of his own if you don't count the pullets far too young to mate and all of Thor's hens that he sneak attacks every chance he gets.

Last edited:
How did you come up with the name Impy??? It does suit him....he looks like an Impy..
big_smile.png

And he's so cute...kinda
lau.gif

Gritstar, will he ever feed any of the hens at anytime ? Or keep an eye out while they feed around him? Otherwise if the hens would stand it I would just put saddles on them. As for him getting Thor's girls, I know they have a area they share when free feeding, could you divide it with a temporary fence than Impy can't fly over ?
And while this might be quite a hassle a sure fire way to keep from mating is to diaper Impy and Impy jr, then they might mate with the hens but their will be no "connecting" for sure.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi kitmarlowescot2,
welcome-byc.gif

You have excellent advice, but it's not really applicable in the Impy situation! Impy and his behaviour are legend on BYC.
lol.png

To help ya get in the groove, this is a loooong saga, Impy was named after one of our favorite BYCers, Imp, and he lives up to the name. Grits keeps observing him, he keeps sneaking off with the Brahma hens, pretends innocence when the chicks hatched have naked necks.......

Stay tuned for more amusing antics of the wee beastie, he's a riot!
lau.gif

BTW, It's gritsar, not gritsTar, even though she is a star!
wink.png

Quote:
Hi kitmarlowescot2,
welcome-byc.gif

You have excellent advice, but it's not really applicable in the Impy situation! Impy and his behaviour are legend on BYC.
lol.png

To help ya get in the groove, this is a loooong saga, Impy was named after one of our favorite BYCers, Imp, and he lives up to the name. Grits keeps observing him, he keeps sneaking off with the Brahma hens, pretends innocence when the chicks hatched have naked necks.......

Stay tuned for more amusing antics of the wee beastie, he's a riot!
lau.gif

BTW, It's gritsar, not gritsTar, even though she is a star!
wink.png

Awwwww REALLY Ranchy? You really think I'm a star???
love.gif

Yeah, Impy and I (and Imp & I) have a love/hate relationship. I love em, they hate me.
hit.gif
All my roos are good boys. Impy's just a little too rough on the girls backs is all. Still not like I can put saddles on 23+ girls.

Quote:
As Ranchy explained, Imp is a BYC member that is one of my dearest friends. Also, one of the most awesome people you'll ever meet.

But let me explain a little further.....

I ordered four turken pullets. One pullet's name was Rosie. Rosie started crowing at two weeks old. Still, as far as I was concerned, Rosie's name was going to remain ROSIE. There were a few BYC members that had a problem with that name for a loud and proud (mostly loud) rooster; one was my dear friend Imp. My husband always said, "the hen that cackles the loudest laid the egg, so Rosie became Imp(y). Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom