Meet Tribute, My New Rooster!

Looks like Gold laced Wyandotte to me?
I looked that up and wow, very similar! Their combs are more flat on their heads and they are more heavier looking than he is. If he is one, he's a very scrawny one, though, how young I'm thinking he is, it's not out of the question! Thanks!

Introducing Tribute, my new rooster:

View attachment 3655493
(I hope to get better pictures soon.)

Yesterday morning I got up to the sound of a crow that was awfully close. Come to find out this little guy was behind my coop, apparently abandoned. My suspect is someone had gotten pullets, and this one started crowing and possibly flogging. He is very friendly (which is concerning that he'll be an attacker), but I love him. To me, he looks like a Golden Spangled Hamburg without the white earlobes. (If you know what he might be instead, please let me know!) He looks to be 5-6 months old due to spur length. He's about the size of my smallest hen too.
He looks like mine, and mine are golden-laced wyandottes; he is very pretty.

I looked that up and wow, very similar! Their combs are more flat on their heads and they are more heavier looking than he is. If he is one, he's a very scrawny one, though, how young I'm thinking he is, it's not out of the question! Thanks!
He is most likely a hatchery quality golden laced Wyandotte which is why his comb would be bigger.

Introducing Tribute, my new rooster:

View attachment 3655493
(I hope to get better pictures soon.)

Yesterday morning I got up to the sound of a crow that was awfully close. Come to find out this little guy was behind my coop, apparently abandoned. My suspect is someone had gotten pullets, and this one started crowing and possibly flogging. He is very friendly (which is concerning that he'll be an attacker), but I love him. To me, he looks like a Golden Spangled Hamburg without the white earlobes. (If you know what he might be instead, please let me know!) He looks to be 5-6 months old due to spur length. He's about the size of my smallest hen too.
He is beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom