6 Years
Nov 6, 2017
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Introducing Tribute, my new rooster:

20231008_084632.jpg

(I hope to get better pictures soon.)

Yesterday morning I got up to the sound of a crow that was awfully close. Come to find out this little guy was behind my coop, apparently abandoned. My suspect is someone had gotten pullets, and this one started crowing and possibly flogging. He is very friendly (which is concerning that he'll be an attacker), but I love him. To me, he looks like a Golden Spangled Hamburg without the white earlobes. (If you know what he might be instead, please let me know!) He looks to be 5-6 months old due to spur length. He's about the size of my smallest hen too.

Dang those are tiny spurs

! Now I'm not sure. I thought a year....
That's why I think he's so young. After watching his behavior around my ladies, he acts very inexperienced, just like a cockerel who has just come to maturity. I can see why you'd think a year though. His face, wattles, and comb look very mature for the age I'm guessing.

That's why I think he's so young. After watching his behavior around my ladies, he acts very inexperienced, just like a cockerel who has just come to maturity. I can see why you'd think a year though. His face, wattles, and comb look very mature for the age I'm guessing.
It was the tail feathers for me too! My 15 month old never got tail feathers likes that

It was the tail feathers for me too! My 15 month old never got tail feathers likes that
Maybe whatever he is just matures early? Do you have any ideas what he might be? To me, he looks like a Golden Spangled Hamburg, but without the white earlobs.

Back
Top Bottom