Meet-Up and Assorted Chicks For Sale in So. CA

I think I will try and go higher and see how I do because Im selling locally faster than I can hatch

Try doing it in gradual increments with the , sorry, cost of fuel going up means cost of feed going up and then frown. It happens. Good luck. oh and May 11 is mothers day. Can you throw a couple dates out that would work for you for meeting up? There is that one in Ramona on June 8th. But I am pretty open to dates. carriebain just struggles to fit it around her sons baseball schedule is why all the trouble.

I think I will try and go higher and see how I do because Im selling locally faster than I can hatch
We try to do the same with our fresh eggs... I sell them at 5 bucks a dozen like hotcakes.... my wife sells them for 3 bucks, she is driving me crazy... Plus she delivers them!!!!

That's another aspect I forgot about the cost of gambling on viable eggs. Then you have to consider these are a special breed with a different color egg than is usually found in So. Cal. In addition to, what are everyone else selling and how much are they selling them for. I know it would be hard for someone to sell organically raised BCM's for say $45 bucks when you find someone selling BCM's for $15....

We try to do the same with our fresh eggs... I sell them at 5 bucks a dozen like hotcakes.... my wife sells them for 3 bucks, she is driving me crazy... Plus she delivers them!!!!

That's another aspect I forgot about the cost of gambling on viable eggs. Then you have to consider these are a special breed with a different color egg than is usually found in So. Cal. In addition to, what are everyone else selling and how much are they selling them for. I know it would be hard for someone to sell organically raised BCM's for say $45 bucks when you find someone selling BCM's for $15....

I sell my eggs for $4.50 a dozen, donate a carton get them for $4 and have been delivering most as well.

You are right about just searching the going rates in your area. Again, we would never dream of pricing an orp or barred rock at that Langshan price. organic or otherwise! The good news is, there is just two Langshan Littles that need to find a new home. My husband said we should keep one since this was our first ever hatch. Big softy, he'd likely keep one of each if we had the room.

Right?!!? They are just too darn cute and then the more time I spend with them the more attached I grow. Is a shame we have to put a cap on our numbers. One day I will have land where I can have 50 (or more) :)

I have about 200 right now not counting the chicks lots and lots of work

WOW!!! We are a much smaller scale. Cannot even begin to imagine the amount of work you have.

We had 22 hatch, I think 4 may not make it, I am keeping 4 and I don't know what carriebain will choose to keep. I updated the listing with the assorted chicks.

WOW!!!  We are a much smaller scale.  Cannot even begin to imagine the amount of work you have.

We had 22 hatch, I think 4 may not make it, I am keeping 4 and I don't know what carriebain will choose to keep. I updated the listing with the assorted chicks.

Nice, I am lookin into how to ship chicks since I get asked all the time I have heard that you have to be NPIP then I heard you don't I don't know. I just hatched 48 more and more are supposed to hatch next Friday some marans excited about these they are show quality chicks I HAVE been waiting along time for

Nice, I am lookin into how to ship chicks since I get asked all the time I have heard that you have to be NPIP then I heard you don't I don't know. I just hatched 48 more and more are supposed to hatch next Friday some marans excited about these they are show quality chicks I HAVE been waiting along time for
Yeah, I don't know anything about shipping eggs or chicks and need to get educated on that. Marans are lovely birds, I have one pullet who went broody, so we gave her a dozen of the hatching eggs. She didn't do so great as a first timer, nor did we, but she has the 4 chicks (fingers crossed they're pullets) that I plan to keep. I am loving that she will be handling the raising and brooding of them this time.

Carrie ordered really nice stock for this hatch too. We have a Chocolate Wyandotte (she thinks is a banty), 1 wheaten ameracauna, 1 Jubilee Orp (I'm keeping), 6 Olive Eggers, complete with fluffy cheeks and feathered legs (I'm keeping 1), 3 Cream Crested Legbars (again, 1 for me), 1 Barred Rock, and 5 Isabelle (Lavender) Marans (yep, 1 for me).

The Langshans we hatched out are really unique too, they are a much taller, prouder standing bird. Their little wing feathers are coming in at more of a point than the average chicken.

Yeah, I don't know anything about shipping eggs or chicks and need to get educated on that.  Marans are lovely birds, I have one pullet who went broody, so we gave her a dozen of the hatching eggs.  She didn't do so great as a first timer, nor did we, but she has the 4 chicks (fingers crossed they're pullets) that I plan to keep.  I am loving that she will be handling the raising and brooding of them this time. 

Carrie ordered really nice stock for this hatch too.  We have a Chocolate Wyandotte (she thinks is a banty), 1 wheaten ameracauna, 1 Jubilee Orp (I'm keeping), 6 Olive Eggers, complete with fluffy cheeks and feathered legs (I'm keeping 1), 3 Cream Crested Legbars (again, 1 for me), 1 Barred Rock, and 5 Isabelle (Lavender) Marans (yep, 1 for me). 

The Langshans we hatched out are really unique too, they are a much taller, prouder standing bird. Their little wing feathers are coming in at more of a point than the average chicken.   

That's what I want next is the lavender marans. My mom is raising all the rare breeds then I HAVE the heavy breeds and the silkies we have been shipping eggs for years and selling chicks locally...
That's a good hatch way to go!!!!

Back
Top Bottom