Memorial for several

Stormhorse23

Songster
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
Late last night, our 30+ year old gelding (we've had him 20 years) layed down and couldn't get up. He passed away with a little help from our vet this morning. I remember being a toddler and riding him down to the lake with my mom. Two of our mares stood by his gravesite all day. My mare, Stormy, who was practically his adopted daughter seems more upset than Abby. Our herd is lost without it's leader. I will miss him forever. Seeing his georgous body get thin and fragile broke my heart. Here he is back in his day. Wasn't he something?
m9ne4o.jpg

Our neighbor's dog, Puppy (who was not a puppy) was shot by someone the other day. Even though we dislikes him, we really miss him. He had a bad temper and fought with everyone else's dogs all the time...and ya know what? That is why Puppy was so special. I'm really gonna miss getting off the bus to him sitting there and growling at me. Weird thing to miss, but he was so intelligent and beautiful. Whoever shot him needs to be shot. You don't kill innocent animals. He was obviously not killed accediently because of some gory facts I'd rather not state.
somad.gif

Thanks for listening. On a happier note, a chick hatched out of my bator around midnight and her name is Cypher. Since we lost two, I know at least one more MUST hatch. Gives me two little lives to focus on.

I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved horse -- he was really a handsome fellow. At least you can be happy with the thought he had a great life with you and your family and that he went over the Rainbow bridge a very loved family member.

Julie

:aww This has been a rough month for you, hasn't it? I'm so sorry for your loss. Those chicks are lucky to have a doting momma.
smile.png

Thank you all. You know how I said Stormy and Red were close? Look at the background of that picture! That's Stormy when she was really young...waiting for him to get back to the pasture after his little photo shoot...
hit.gif

Last edited:
Awww, im so very sorry. He was a very handsome guy. Its so hard, watching them grow old...and those poor mares.I just know they miss hom dearly.
Why would someone shoot the dog? Did it bite? Maybe go after someones livestock? Funny how we miss animals when they are gone, even the ones we " dont like" We really do like them....deep inside.
Congrats on the new babies.

Quote:
He wandered too much. Really aloof. Someone might have thought his aloofness signaled agression or something...I don't know.
hmm.png

I'm sorry about your horse. It's so hard to lose the special ones. I had to put a special one down three years ago and it was so tough... I grew up on him... we did High School Rodeo... I have a picture of him as a yearling and I'm sitting on the horse trailer petting his face. I must have been five.
You had him a long, long time and you must have taken great care of him if he was here for that long. I hope you remember all of the great memories! (Now I'm tearing up!)

:aww

Back
Top Bottom