Men and laundry

* My sons are good at laundry. When they were about 12-13, I posted a list of detailed instructions for washing and drying, which they learned very quickly. DH pretty much still stuffs everything in together, pours bleach over the top and then starts the washer.
hmm.png

Last edited:
My DH is a laundry Martha wannabe! He lectures ME on the proper combination of fabric weights, colors and dry-ability. I wait until he's busy doing something else before I quietly start to sort things by myself...

Quote:
Are you sure you're not my husband? That man will do laundry from sunup to sundown, washing and hanging it on the line, but then it either sits on the line for days or gets piled in a basket or on the couch and sits there 'til I have time to fold. Of course, by then it needs to be redone because it's either so wrinkled or the dogs/cats have been sleeping on it. I truly appreciate that he does it; I just wish he would ask me if I was going to have time to fold before he does.

On another funny laundry note, one day a few years back hubby comes to me asking if I'm doing the laundry differently - using hot water or a hotter drying cycle or something. I replied, "No. Why?" Hubby's response - "Well, my jeans are tight and I think you're shrinking them in the wash!
lau.gif
But he was totally serious! Never crossed his mind that maybe the jeans weren't shrinking but that he was perhaps growing!
gig.gif
The way men's minds work.
Liz

Back
Top Bottom