Men and Their Pride

i can tell you this is what prescription pain meds will do to you. i ended up flushing mine after only four days when i didn't recognize the image in the mirror.

Sign the card for yourself and then quit worrying about who all signed or didn't sign the card, for whatever reason.

I bet the card will mean just as much with ten signatures as it would with eleven. I mean, someone is going to get in the car and drive a ways for him to sign a CARD? Then they are going to get BACK IN THE CAR & drive all the way back to work?

I take issues with all these guesses about his ego, his "depression", etc. Perhaps, he does not care to entertain or visit with a co-worker. Period. I was once asked to come in on a day off to attend an office birthday party. Yeah, right.
roll.png
Some people, perfectly nice people, are just not all rah-rah about the workplace gestures. Your guy might just want a little rest after all he has been through.

twentynine and Chickenmaven, you are missing a few important details here. The card if for an individual with a severe and deadly form of cancer and who has dedicated hundreds of hours as a volunteer over many years helping the organization. This club does not provide an income to anyone, not even the instructors. It is run completely by volunteers all round. As much as I hate to say it, yes, that one last signature would mean a LOT.

UC

Quote:
I'll agree with that, I had to do the same thing once. Nasty stuff. I cannot see how people can voluntarily abuse some of that stuff. The drugs were worse than the pain from the injury.

Back
Top Bottom