Metal roofing for coop

That is good, Im going to home depot thanks!
cool.png
You can always paint the roof with outdoor or metal paint
wink.png

Quote:
Ah. Well, that's different then
wink.png

You could get plain galvanized and prime and paint it yourself (you need special primer, and then I think you can use any rustoleum type paint on top of the galvanized primer). It will not last quite as long or as trouble-free as the factory baked-on color, but if you do a careful job it should last reasonably, and if you Want What You Want and are frustrated with the delay then it might be worth considering.

Another possibility *might* be to try to make friends with someone at whatever store carries the stuff you want by special-order, and see if you could get them to ask the *next* person who comes in wanting green sheet metal if you could piggyback your order onto theirs. This is an extremely long shot for several reasons but it can't hurt to try.

Good luck,

Pat

Thanks again everyone for all your assistance.

Regarding the Menards comment, when I lived in MN I used to stop at Menards and even worked there a long time ago. Since I now live on Left Coast I believe I'm a little out of range from the closest Menards. I do miss them sometimes as they carried items I couldn't find at any other hardware store.

**UPDATE**
Last night my husband and I went to Home Depot to get some of the supplies for the coop and I found the metal roofing I wanted, in the color I wanted, right in the store...hooray! It's a 3ft x 10 ft. piece for about $30, which is well within my price range, is the right size for the coop roof and will fit in the Eurovan for hauling it home. I will post photos once the coop is all finished, which will be a week or so because we're just pouring the concrete for the support posts today.

Thanks again!

Lydia

Back
Top Bottom