Metal shed?

5 to 7 sheets? How big are you making it? Lowes has 4 x8 thin plywood for $9, Its not treated so some barn paint cost $12 a gallon. You need 1 maybe 2 sheets depending on the size. The design I was referring to is 4 ft wide and 8 ft long, that's the coop and run which is fine for a few chickens especially if you let them out to range. I make these and sell them on craigslist so I am well aware of the cost. 10 2x4's will be plenty. some rabbit wire, hinges for the door and a nest and you are about done. Oh and something to secure the door. 5 to 7 sheets is a lot. I made an 8 x8 house 2 sheets on the floor then 4 around the sides and used the plastic clear panels on the roof that was about 300 by the time I was done but I used treated sheets on the side which were higher

I want a walk in coop, so 8l x 4w x 7-8h.

I'm using a 10'x10' metal shed as a coop, it seems fine to me. I cut the sheet metal and put on ventilation just fine. Our temperature is pretty consistent all year but even if it does get hot my chickens only use it to roost at night.

Back
Top Bottom