metal trash can

NNYchick

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 15, 2017
Harrisville, NY
So I was reviewing a thread the other day and saw a picture of a metal trash can with a divider and two feed bag. Now I can’t find the tread with the picture. I was wondering what size can it was and size feed bags? @aart i think it may have been yours not sure though.

Yep.
full

It's 31 gallon galvanized garbage can.
1/2" plywood divider with 2 screws thru can into edge of plywood near top.
There's a 1x2 across bottom of can with a notch in middle to hold plywood centered.
Bags are 50# feed bags with tops folded over about 4-6".
I refill them with by scoop and pour because it's too hard to get a full bag of feed in there.

upload_2018-4-2_18-24-4.png

Thank you so much for the instructions, I’m going to give it to DH to put one together. I love the idea so I can store my bag of all flock pellets on one side and my grower crumbles on the other.

Clever, Aart! I dump 2 sealed feed bags into my trash can at a time. B/C they bulge, it's hard to get the second bag in there, even though there is plenty of room. I wonder if this would work for me.

Thank you so much for the instructions, I’m going to give it to DH to put one together. I love the idea so I can store my bag of all flock pellets on one side and my grower crumbles on the other.
YVW. I would think grower and all flock are about the same nutrient levels?
I keep all flock and scratch grains in mine.

B/C they bulge, it's hard to get the second bag in there
Yep, why I put the divider in.
Still tough to get full feed bag in there, partly because it's hard for me to lift and maneuver it( I could, but I would pay dearly for it later) I also use a hand truck and a ramp to get feed from van up into coop. The scratch bags are shorter and fatter, impossible to 'slide' bag in. It's just easier to scoop it in, once every couple months for the scratch and once every couple three weeks for the feed.

I go through a bag/week. Even more during the summer/chick season. So, I'll not be scooping! I can still wrestle a bag up onto the lip of the trash can, then give it a heave-ho and topple it into the can.

YVW. I would think grower and all flock are about the same nutrient levels?
I keep all flock and scratch grains in mine.

Yes, but one is pellet (big ones don’t waste so much) and one is crumble. The little ones are too little for pellets yet so I feed both while I have chicks in the coop.

Back
Top Bottom