Methionine and lysine

Well, I bought a few bags of Dumor from Tractor Supply and I learned today that hens stopped laying eggs because of lack of methionine and lysine from this brand. Thanks
Who told you that? That's the latest lie on facebook and It's not remotely true. What breeds and how old are they? There are other reason they don't lay.

What’s about quinoa?
Your feed is fine, they don't need any supplements. Rumors like that start because there are a bunch of new chicken owners from covid that are still learning. Notice that the video posters are trying to sell you something...
There are other reasons they don't lay.
What breed are they? How old? Have they laid before? Any new things in their areas? Noise?

Your feed is fine, they don't need any supplements. Rumors like that start because there are a bunch of new chicken owners from covid that are still learning.
There are other reasons they don't lay.
What breed are they? How old? Have they laid before? Any new things in their areas? Noise?
I have hens for the last 10 years. The last 2 years, I expanded my breeds mix. From Maran, Leghorn, Ameraucana, Easter Egger, etc. different age from 1 year to 7-8 yo.

I have hens for the last 10 years. The last 2 years, I expanded my breeds mix. From Maran, Leghorn, Ameraucana, Easter Egger, etc. different age from 1 year to 7-8 yo.
There could be something in their environment causing them to go on strike. Dumor layer is a fine basic feed and won't cause them to stop laying but a feed with higher protein or just some supplement protein can help. Laying is caused by hormones, hormones are synthesized by protein. I feed nutrena egg producer, it's on $3 more than the demor.
TLDR, the feed is fine but a protein boost might be the kick on the pants they need.

Back
Top Bottom