Methods of helping a horse thru stress

Aw shucks! I was hoping I could get you to feed one of my horses for a few weeks until you got the new horse home!
gig.gif
Can't wait to see you new horse! The javas are doing great! Laid two eggs today.
jumpy.gif

I do talk to him, I am sure my niehgbors think I am crazy. I talk to my chickens and my dogs. But i guess i should try talking to him about what happens. Let him know his new sister ,girlfriend as my husband told him was coming. I also have been hugging him a lot more then normal. He puts his head on my back and when I stop hugging him he puts his lip on my cheek. He loves kisses. He is so sweet shocking hiw someoe left him to die. He looks so good now, wi.l take a photo tomorrow. His vet was impressed. He gets a lot of love, not only from me but my husband adores him. Can i give him sugar cubes ? My neighbor said that's bad. I grew up giving horses sugar cubes. She said it teaches them to bite.

lol.png
Yea. Well .. I got pellets hehe.glad the girls a laying I knew they were. Happy dance. As soon as I get pictures will post. Your welcome anytime. Maybe hubby will smoke some fish
smile.png

To this day, I have running conversation with my horses. I tell them everything, about work, visiting friends etc. Every since I started this, (years ago now), the dynamic has changed, for the better.
I do it with the chickens too. I am sure my neighbor thinks I'm crazy but the jury is still out on that one smile well maybe the haven't read the verdict roll

I do this with all of my animals too... I know for a fact my neighbors think I'm crazy... And so does my boyfriend
lol.png
Good think I don't care much what other people think! I read once somewhere that when you lose an animal you're supposed to "project" a picture of your home in your mind looking warm and inviting to help them find their way back... I do this when I'm talking to my animals about something important - like if I'm going to be out of town for awhile I picture me coming home and greeting them while I'm telling them that I'm going to be away. Do they understand that stuff at all? Who knows... But at the very least it makes me feel better!

So glad to hear that he has a new girlfriend on the way. He will feel so much better with some companionship.​

I feel that petting, calm words and kindness communicate volumes to a horse or any other animal.

But he will still be wishing for his own kind.

LOL...don't be surprised if mare squeals, kicks or totally ignores him - he will probably still be delighted that she's there.

And...I think if you listen, if you're around an animal for a long time, you don't need a communicator, as their behavior and manner communicates so much. They will tell you a lot, they show you how they feel, they ask for help, all in very simple, direct ways that require only the power of observation and love (which you seem to have plenty of).

It is really sweet the way horses will be so poorly treated and then trust and love people again.

Sometimes it makes me so angry because it seems like an act of forgiveness, something I don't feel those who misuse animals deserve.

I try to think of it as just that the animal trusts that someone better will be there for them.

Quote:
I would tell him what happened and why. That it is not going to happen to him and that the new horse is not a replacment for him, he still is #1. Maybe you two have to cry together?
I wouldn't give him sugar cubes but maybe a apple and lots of brushing

I don't care what people think either. I'm glad they find me amusing
roll.png

We talked. I agree he does from my standpoint understand. I asked him something and he shook his head saying yes. But what was strange is I wanted my hubby to see, but he wouldn't do it until hubby went around the corner. Then again I ask him a question and he nods. Funny. He's getting a lot of attention. He is still sad, calling here and there but nothing like he was. He seems calmer. We tried to get the. Are sooner but she isn't coming till tomorrow. But he's eating good and drinking. He is doing well, sure he will be excited to have a buddy soon.

Back
Top Bottom