meyer cornish x s not growing as well as other companies.

Quote:
This seems unreasonably small. I would contact the folks at Meyer and tell this to them. Even if they don't accept any responsibility, at least you will have brought it to their attention. I would be nice, and simply try to discuss the feed that you used, and any other details. They may have had a bad batch of chickens (that happens), or perhaps they were using new breeding stock. Who knows. I would just tell them that you are disappointed, and that you thought you should let them know. They've generally seemed very nice on the couple occasions I've spoken with their personnel.

My best results this year was with Moyer chicks and I've been using Fertrell for years now and they have a layer and broiler ration at 19% and I processed some this year at 8 1/2 weeks old that dressed out at 6 to 7 lbs ,I get my feed mixed at the local feed mill but I am going to start making my own feed next year (I hope).

Quote:
Not going to try to get off topic here but,.............How are you gonna make your own feed? Can you let us all in on this secret.
smile.png

I'm looking for a hammer mill and mixer you just add all the grain and suppliments and mix just like the feed mill does and I just got a roller mill to so I can use that with a mixer.

Back
Top Bottom