Meyer hatchery, anyone ever ordered from them?

Corey NC

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
North Carolina
I have ordered an assortment of heavy breed day-old pullets from Meyer hatchery and I was wondering if anyone else has ordered from them?

What was the quality of the birds?

Did they all arive safe and healthy?

What breeds did ou get?

Any other information you feel is important would be wonderful if you care to share it.

Thanks,

Corey

I ordered from them, lost one in shipping (Feb) dont know if got cold or crushed in shipping. I ordered the pullet pack 25 female (got one roo) I got Austrolops, golden campines, leghorns,cockoo marans,buff orphington,and Rhode Island Reds.

You shouldn't get campines, leghorns, or marans if you ordered the Heavy Breeds brown egg layers. How many did you have to order? I wanted assortment of egg collors, all are still doing good (except those gotten by coon, but cant blame that on Meyer) Customer support was real good too. Keep us updated as to what you get. I made my list of what I had and after posting my list changed for some, but that is the fun of ordering hatchery pick, you never know what you will get

I ordered my chicks from Meyer. I ordered a small order (7) and they arrived less than 24 hours old from OH to NC and I had them by 10am on Tues morning.

They threw in an extra and the chicks were healthy and very lively from the minute we opened the box. We got them home and into the brooder and they have done extremely well. They are 4 weeks old tomorrow and growing and happy.

We got two of each: dominques, white laced and gold laced wyandotte and golden campine.

I would definately order from them again. Hope this helps!

Susan

I will update when my chicks arrive from there I live in MD so It should be very quick shipping. I orderd all pullets a small order of 8. I orderd 2 cuckoo marans 2 salmon faverells 2 amaricanas 1 silver laced wyndotte and 1 golden laced wyndotte. They will live in 2 chicken tractors in my backyard.

Henry

I ordered 25 from them last may and will again in the spring. They were here in last then 12 hours, i'm only 5 hours away. They were lively and healthy and all alive and great personalitys. I got an assortment, i really loved the redstars and delawares.

I ordered mine from Meyer also. I got the brown-egg-laying assortment and 1 golden laced wyandotte rooster. I got RIRs, Barred Rock, Speckled Sussex, delewares, and Golden laced wyandottes in my assortment. They all arrived healthy with no pasty-butt problems. Mine shipped out on a Tuedsay and were in my post office by Wednesday at noon. Now they are (almost) 5 weeks old and doing fabulously! They also shipped an extra chick, and I'm not sure which chick it is or if its a pullet or rooster. Only time will tell....

Back
Top Bottom