Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Still waiting to hear from insurance on their estimate. Had a company come out and give us an estimate so we have leverage against the insurance company. Their estimate was $60K!
60K! Wow!!! I hope that you get enough from the insurance to cover it.

That is the cutest puppy ever! Congrats on getting him!! I hope he gets into training mode soon and that he likes chickens, as friends and not food, of course!
wink.png

Theyre nice choices! I was scoping Meyers website yesterday deciding to order more for an earlier date. I have some coming in the last week of April. I want to get a few bandana but keep talking myself out of it lol
What's a bandana?

Have no clue where that picture is coming from!
Congrats on the new chicks and welcome!

There's my picture! Lol I do have a premier 1 heat plate coming but won't be here until Thursday. I couldn't wait for my chicks that are coming Jan 26 so I ordered what they had yesterday. I'm obsessed.
I use the EcoGlow Brooder and love it so much more then worrying about the hot bulbs. Mine came after my first chicks too. We're all obsessed, so you're in the right place.

Woohoo! It's been many weeks, but I have finally made my way through this entire thread (all 900 some odd pages)! I knew I was interested in Meyer's chicks, and kept trying to go further and further back in the thread to catch up on all the information in the posts. But it just wasn't cutting it for me, so I figured I might as well start at the beginning. I feel like I know some of y'all's 'chicken side' very well now :)

So any-who, I thought I'd introduce myself. I live in Central Florida, am married, work in the space industry, have 2 adorable shelties, and a 2 year-old little lady. Chickens have been a long time dream of mine, and since we moved about a year ago, my dream is about to come true!!

I have an order into Meyer's for a May 18th hatch date that I place in mid-December! I will be getting:
1 Blue Cochin
1 Blue Copper Marans
1 Easter Egger
1 Olive Egger
1 Lavender Orp
2 Buff Orps

And after making it all the way through this thread, I officially want all of the chickens. Seriously, one of each kind.
tongue.png

But I did notice that it doesn't seem like anyone here has any CL from Meyer's stock. I was thinking about adding one to my order, but do y'all know of anyone on BYC that has one from Meyer's? I'd like to see an example of their stock if in anyway possible.

Also, when I placed my order for chicks in Mid-December, I also requested a catalog. I was hoping I would have received that by now :( Do y'all know if they only send them out once a year, and I missed the boat? Or do they maybe just take longer?
Wow, good for you. Welcome to the Meyers thread! I have EE's and a Buff Orp and I did have a Blue Cochin. They're all good breeds. I like your other choices too. I wonder the same thing about their CL's, hopefully someone can answer you.

If you have not gotten the catalog yet, you can drop them an email to see where it is, they're real nice.

That's a lot of posts that you made it through, we're about to celebrate 2 years of this thread which corresponds to a lot of us having 2 years experience with chickens. Time sure flies!!

Hey folks! Just wanted to share a moment I just had out in the coop. I was doing my daily routine out there, feeding and observing, when I noticed a little blue egg out in the nest box and my little splash ameraucana coming out. I almost fell running out to get around to the egg door. It was one of my golf balls which are NOT blue. LOL! The blue egg wait continues....

60K! Wow!!! I hope that you get enough from the insurance to cover it.

That is the cutest puppy ever! Congrats on getting him!! I hope he gets into training mode soon and that he likes chickens, as friends and not food, of course!
wink.png

What's a bandana?

Congrats on the new chicks and welcome!

I use the EcoGlow Brooder and love it so much more then worrying about the hot bulbs. Mine came after my first chicks too. We're all obsessed, so you're in the right place.

Wow, good for you. Welcome to the Meyers thread! I have EE's and a Buff Orp and I did have a Blue Cochin. They're all good breeds. I like your other choices too. I wonder the same thing about their CL's, hopefully someone can answer you.

If you have not gotten the catalog yet, you can drop them an email to see where it is, they're real nice.

That's a lot of posts that you made it through, we're about to celebrate 2 years of this thread which corresponds to a lot of us having 2 years experience with chickens. Time sure flies!!

Insurance estimate is $40K. Pretty far off! We're still waiting on one more estimate that we hope will be more in line with insurance.

I use the EcoGlow also. I love it. But if you go crazy like me and put in an order for 60+ chicks, it doesn't help much! lol
@LynnEBC: I meant "bantams" but this thing auto corrects. Normally I catch it sooner lol
I was wondering what bandanas were too. lol
We love our bantams but I told my daughter I don't want more than we have. So what do I do, order 5 each of bantam splash cochin, D'Anver, and porcelain D'Uccle! We'll only keep one of each but geez! I don't like buying bantams because they are all straight run. But so are a bunch of other breeds I bought. Hopefully I can find buyers because that will be a lot of chickens to deal with.

Hey folks! Just wanted to share a moment I just had out in the coop. I was doing my daily routine out there, feeding and observing, when I noticed a little blue egg out in the nest box and my little splash ameraucana coming out. I almost fell running out to get around to the egg door. It was one of my golf balls which are NOT blue. LOL! The blue egg wait continues....

That's funny. Your brain was seeing what it wanted to see. lol

@trsturself: The straight run was the reason I decided not to. And the min orders. If I get some in the future then I'll probably get them from around here. I'd also want them to have their own little coop just in case there are issues with the standards. I have the room for one but I don't want to risk being overwhelmed since I'm a newbie.

Back
Top Bottom