Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

From Meyer - hatched June 13 so 23 weeks old. the RIR and EE are laying.

Same here, only I "lost" mine since I ordered one of each this year and both turned out to be roosters! So they found new homes, and I am still short my lav orp and brahma. Biding my time until spring...

Anyone have Delaware or Welsummer? Trying to decide between them as I can only add so many chickens haha

I want to add Delaware as it's a heritage breed but the Columbian pattern in one of the reviews was barely noticable, which I don't want an almost pure white bird, but then I've been considering the Welsummer too for the gorgeous speckled eggs. I really want variety and not just yet another brown haha

Or should I just ditch both ideas and simply add another EE? Haha

I currently have 1 Barred Rock, 2 Black Australorps, 3 Buff Orpingtons, and 2 Easter Eggers, all from Meyer. Originally had 2 BRs but one died young :( and the extra Orpington was the Meyer Meal Maker and I'm so happy she wound up being an Orpington AND female :love

And the other breeds I'm definitely getting are Speckled Sussex, Golden Laced Wyandotte, and Partridge Rock. I would get an SLW too but I've heard they can be more mean than GLW?

Idk, should I just ditch both the Delaware and Welsummer and go with the SLW after all??

I'd like opinions and preferably pictures to help me make my decision.

I'd only like to add 4 more

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom