1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Meyer Hatchery In Polk, Ohio

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Oobhakeb, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Oobhakeb

Oobhakeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2010
    Lancaster, Kentucky
    Hi, I'm thinking about ordering from this hatchery as they have a lot of breeds I'm wanting and have a minimum orger of 3 chicks. I am wanting 10-12 so thats not really an issue but I was wondering if anyone else has ordered from here and what your experience was with them.

2. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    I have order and had very good luck with their chicks...Good people to work with too...A++ Hatchery

Happy Holidays

From S&N Livestock and ThePoultryBarn

3. Oobhakeb

Dec 9, 2010
    Lancaster, Kentucky
    thanks.....why do your livestock look fluffy? Cute even :)

4. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    The calves in the pics are from our spring club calf sale. Hair is a genetic we actually breed for... They have been somewhat washed and blowed dry everyday for few weeks before the sale even a nice hair cut on most with the help of my cousin and good friends...

5. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I liked them
    Maybe you can order the 25 pullet one and sell or give away the rest - That's what I did

6. Oobhakeb

Dec 9, 2010
    Lancaster, Kentucky
    Yes, i noticed they looked a bit more fuzzy then what Im use to seeing [​IMG] ... I was unaware of that breed. They are cute!

7. Oobhakeb

Dec 9, 2010
    Lancaster, Kentucky
    Quote:Ill have to take a look at that. Is it like a grab back of chics? I have certain breeds that I am wanting. (pretty much one of everything) I may have to take a road trip.

8. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have ordered every year for the past 4 years and love them over all other hatcheries I have ordered from. Their prices are competitive, their stock is healthy and I have hens here that are going on 4 years old from them that are still laying well. I have placed another order to be sent to me in March.

9. Oobhakeb

Dec 9, 2010
    Lancaster, Kentucky
    thanks for the response....on further and deeper investigation into this particular thread of the forum, I have found many great references from people who have ordered from this hatchery and have not yet run across any complaints. I ordered my catalogue today! :)

10. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by