1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Meyer Hatchery or Reich?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ResidentEvilRock, Mar 13, 2009.

1. ResidentEvilRock

ResidentEvilRock Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2008
    I have finally narrowed down to two hatcheries to get my White Leghorn pullets from. Either Meyer Hatchery or Reich's Poultry Farm. Has anyone ordered from these hatcheries before? Good quality? Good shipping? Anything?

2. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Do a search on this site (box at upper right) for Meyer and Reich's. You should get some good info about what others' experiences have been with those hatcheries. I myself don't have experience with them, but the search box is my friend! Good luck! (And leghorns are a great choice for egg layers.)

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Meyer hands down...love em, great people excellent care with the birds and just fabulous. I ordered 21 birds from them in July last year they sent 22 live babies and they arrived to me in less than 36 hours from hatch.

I know nothing about the other but I will only order from Meyer as far as hatchery goes.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by