Meyer hatchery.

bledsoe95

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 8, 2011
Oakwood, Virginia
I was just wanting to know if anyone else has ever ordered from Meyer. I ordered 15 buff orps. last spring & only 1 died but there was an extra 1 in the box so i got all 15!

If you do a search you will see that Meyer is talked about quite a bit on here. I personally order from them every year for layers to add to my free range flock. I order from other hatcheries, too but different ones each year to see what kind of service and quality I may get. There are quite a few I would never order from again but Meyer has been my hatchery for the past 4 years.

This year I have an order coming from them and also 4 other hatcheries. About 200 chicks and ducklings. Plus I hatch and raise my own.
frow.gif

I cannot speak about the quality of their chickens yet as this is going to be my first year raising them. Although, after reading positive comments and watching this:
, I decided to place my order for 18 pullets with them just last night. I've read good reviews on here about them, nice birds, good customer service, how can you go wrong!?!...

Every chicken I have came from meyer hatchery, as well as all of the broilers in my freezer and in the freezers of my neighbors and coworkers.

I live about 90 miles south of the hetchery so I always go there and pick up my chicks. Love their retail store. Tuesdays during the hatching season are the day to go too. They have stock tanks in the store full of extra chicks and sell them at a HUGE discount.

I have been ordering birds from Meyer for yrs. I have never had a problem with them. In fact my DD won reserve champion meat chickens three yrs in a row with Meyers cornish cross meat chickens. I just ordered a new set of laying hens that I will get in March.
clap.gif

Actuall they are BYC members: Meyer Hatchery. I've Pm'd them before. They usually get back with you if you have any questions.

Quote:
What hatcheries were those you didn't like? just curious, i need to order some this spring and i want a good place

I highly recommend Meyer Hatchery, they are extremely knowledgeable about the chicks they sell. Charlotte at Meyer has always been very helpful and kind. I was scared to death when I first brought chicks home and placed them in the brooder. I could not get the temp regulated. She stayed on the phone with me and talked me through it. She as taught me everything I know about chickens thus far. Plus the quality of the chicks is OUTSTANDING.

Back
Top Bottom