Meyers adoption Summer 2023

You are lucky it ended up frizzled. The chick I got that is not frizzled is still really neat and looks like burned toast.
Below are my chicks this am at 2 weeks old...The blub is only 25 w, and the canned one is 40 w, they are in a shed that gets warmed up, so I don't need it hotter than that. They are not cold, they are just scared of me, the monster.
2wc.PNG

I got about 5 hens in my order, maybe a few extra, I will not complain. I like the fryers (11) I will raise them up until they crow, and I like to process them for my dog. Plus sometimes I really enjoy the personalities.
2wb.PNG

The burned toast chick is in the right corner...
2wa.PNG

Other than buying that frizzle, that was not a frizzle for $15, if you get just a few hen chicks, and get the others in roosters to bring up the shipping numbers you can get them for pretty cheap.
Below, is one of the rooster chicks, I think it is a New hampsire, IDK, but it was all yellow as a chick and started to get some brownish color on the wings.
2w.PNG

Here's my Meyer chicks at 3 weeks:

The Frizzle
20230823_175658.jpg 20230823_175756.jpg
She (hopefully!) is solid white with green legs. Looks like she has muffs and no beard.

The BCM:
20230823_175802(0).jpg 20230823_175802.jpg
Very very small comb, almost non-existent and no coloring on it. Grew tail feathers very fast.

The Salmon Faverolles:
20230823_175828.jpg 20230823_175710.jpg
No black anywhere that would indicate a rooster.

Yeah, Looks like a girl.

I have 3 frizzles currently none from Meyers. I was hoping for more though.
My avitar is a frizzle NN, but currently has no white feathers, green egg.

poa5.PNG

My other frizzles are not NN or related. Mother (black)
po26.PNG

gre2.PNG

and daughter, (brown) Both dark gray eggers.

The grandmother of the brown has passed on was the frizzle below...
gadeo.PNG

I had ordered 5 hen chicks and 11 boy chicks. 2 weeks in the chicks were getting crowded in the brooder, and I was afraid the rooster chicks would over crowd the hen chicks at the food dish. I took out all the chicks without tails. (6) hopefully roosters. I gave them to my BLRW (Blob) she likes to sit on eggs and raise chicks.
37isa.PNG

I know what you mean, I always say to myself no chicks after June, and some times after May. I usually do anyway. Things work out.

In this order, I did add the Fry pans, but it makes shipping chicks so much cheaper. And we let them grow and feed the meat to my dog, unless the rooster is extra nice. People come to me now and I am known for nice roosters.
I have done he fry pan thing a couple of times as it drastically cuts the price.. I lucked out and out of 12 had 3 pullets,2 buff orpington and a slwynadotte.. I sold them to a nice local lady who does mending, cleaning and such..I gave the cockerels away..4 from the january batch are being grown out,they intended to harvest, but fell in love with the colors and size so currently they have a 100+ bird flock that hasnt had outside blood in over 5 years so..they are going to cull older roosters when these guys are old enough to manage their hens ( they free range with an old tennis court with closed coops at night for mamas and chicks or when they have bred ( they have raised /shown etc chickens for like 40 years but havent done anything but cull for meat, collect eggs the last 5 or 6 years) anyway cute chicks

Back
Top Bottom