Mice, cockroaches, and I don’t want to think of what else!

Jun 5, 2022
I have ducks out in a kennel right now and found my first mouse going towards their food yesterday!

I’ve been having mice in the house during winter but assumed that was normal.

But here lately, we’ve been noticing cockroaches lately. I can’t handle it lol!

I have baby chicks in the house right now and I’m starting to rethink this whole love for my birds thing lol

I know mice and cockroaches are “normal” but we eat the eggs and snakes are the next thing. What does everyone do?

Looking up exterminators now!

Ducks will occasionally eat a cockroach, if they can catch them lol. Also chickens will eat any mice they see in less that a second they love eating them. My hen Susan had eaten all the 5 mice in the feeder room next to my coop and she has eaten a few snakes and she loves eating lizards when there aren't any mice to be eaten. We no longer have a mouse or cockroach problem as before even 1 month had gone by they ate all the roaches we couldn't kill. I mean mine always have food so they're just doing it because they wanting I guess? lol

Mice and roaches gravitate to wherever there is food and shelter available. Definitely exterminate, but also see what you can change up with your husbandry to keep them from being drawn to your coop to begin with, otherwise it will become a continuous and onerous problem.

Thank you everyone!

Update: we found more mice this morning - smaller ones so younger!

What can I use outside to kill them but safe for my ducks?

Back
Top Bottom