mice in coop

I swear by Kness mousetraps. They are the absolute best. They last forever, and they make ones exactly the same that are bigger for rats. You don't have to touch the dead critters, and the traps set really easily.

We may have rats UNDER our hen house... I don't know what I was thinking leaving that space open, but I'm guessing a rat would've gotten through most any wimply wire I would've put around the bottom.

Traps huh... I was thinking CAT, I have one very fat cat with all her claws who USED to be a barn kitty... now she's an armchair cover
big_smile.png
might be time to put her to work come spring!

I wouldn't worry to much. Don't kill them, they need to eat too
smile.png
If the chickens don't like them, they will take care of them believe me. We have a little rat or mouse that I have caught a glimpse of a few times. He was waiting for me to leave so he could get his midnight snack
hmm.png
I knew the girls were eating waaaaaay to much to quickly. He probably invites his little pals over for a feist! My only consern was disease but chickens range in the dirt and garden and come across everything on the planet. Just like kids, you can't keep them in a sterile enviornment their entire lives because they could come across disease
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom