Michigan Hatchers! What'cha got cookin?

@LoveMyChicklets have fun turning.

my dd got tired of turning so we worked out a system since i added a bunch of chicken eggs to her goose and turkey.. out of the goose and turkey we have one turkey egg that made it to lockdown yesturday.. we already have some pips and one zipping..

when candling yesturday b4 lockdown there was alot of chicks already in the aircel so i am not surprised with the pips

Yah, the turning is NOT going to be fun AND I have to go out of town for work for four days. I told my son, since I set some of his duck eggs, that HE has to help mom do the turning when I'm gone!!
lau.gif

@mindylee what a cutie

@LoveMyChicklets my dd and i ended up sharing the responsibility, it was to much for her, she turned in am b4 school, and i turned at night b4 bed.. was a good system.. was pretty easy putting them into lockdown.. just ad water and done..

Eeeeeeeeep!! I have 2 pips!! Today is day 19. One silkie and one ee. Added water and hopefully we have a chick or 2 tonight!

Thanks everyone! She turned out totally thee opposite of what I imagined.
And better too!

Im also all done hatchin eggs out too! Out of 42 expensive shipped eggs, I have 20 totally cute fluffy chicks to add to my breeding flock! Now the hard part is waiting to see what boy vrs girl and color patterens! All but 4 are the millie/calico pattern and 2 mottled and 2 Wheaton. Ohhh I cant wait for them to start feathering out!

Last edited:
2 more pips tonight, but no visible progress on the first 2 since this morning. Hopefully they're just gearing up to hatch tonight and I'll wake up to some little peepers running around!

Back
Top Bottom