Michigan Hatchers! What'cha got cookin?

Momma Luna now has a chick! :jumpy

Can't get pics if chick...

Momma Luna now has a chick!
jumpy.gif

Can't get pics if chick...
awww.....Love it when the little ones peek out of their momma's wings. I have four under my broody mamma now. She only hatched one of her three eggs, but DH and I snuck under three more extras from the incubator and she took them on with no problems!
Can't wait to get a glimpse :)

My broody Cochin just finished hatching out 7/8 Polish chicks! Yayyy! I have no idea what happened to the other egg though. It's completely gone!
I missed even seeing your brood at CS. DH and I were on the hill to the left of the pavillion. I wanted to see if you brought any turkeys :)

Really wanted to make the rounds and meet everyone out with animals but between the pavillion and selling our own roosters/pullets didn't get the chance. Plus everyone was packing up around 2pm
sad.png

I have an incubator question if someone can help me, I'd appreciate it...
I just got back last night from a business trip to Washington DC. I set eggs in the brisnea on Thursday, June 12. I told DH to just keep an eye on it, and put water in as needed. It has an auto turner, so I wasn't worried about it.
I got back home, and temp was 100-101 degrees. I didn't candle all of the eggs, but I candled some, and it looks like some are alive, but others are not.
Will the elevated temp hurt the eggs? I try to keep them 99.5 degrees...

Thank you very much for the input! I'm not sure of viability rate at this point. I candled, and definitely have some movers in there. Since I don't have any stinkers yet, I'm just leaving all of them alone in there. I did turn the temp down to 99 though... I think maybe this warm weathe is affecting my incubator temps...
Thanks again for the input!!! I will try to update on July 2 or 3 when they hatch :)

Yikes! Just realized I'm on day 13-ish now! Should probably think about trying to candle eggs tonight after baseball. It's amazing how you can go from being really obsessive about incubating to forgetting what day you're on once the schedule fills up. Running to the ball field 5 times a week has a way of keeping you distracted!

Back
Top Bottom