Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

sickbyc.gif

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown...ally-modified-soy-corn/#.VD8QM_oUx7M.facebook
sickbyc.gif
X2 and
rant.gif
and
somad.gif

Is there anyone in the grand rapids area that would be willing to assist with a bumblefoot surgery? I attempted to do it myself and it did not go so well. In fact, it went really awful. Her poor foot is horribly swollen and I hate that I couldn't help her. I would welcome any help and can pay for your time in homemade strawberry jam :) PM me if you'd be willing to come help my girl out. 

Finally checking in- how is this girl?

OK I didn't know where to post this, but I thought my fellow Michiganders might be able to help me.

I was free-ranging my chickens when I first got them outside, and it wasn't really an issue (about 3 other people right by me have free-range chickens, they're everywhere), until they started spending a lot of time in my neighbor's yard. They old man who lives there liked them, I talked to him, he said they were fine.

Apparently his wife disagreed.

Long story short, I got a notice from my township that she complained and I was in violation of the ordinance and had to cage them. No problem. It took me some time, but I have done that. Right now they're spending a week in their new luxury coop (replacing a smaller one) while I finish the simple fence that I hope will keep them in.
Same thing happened to me. Last summer it was ok for my chickens to go in neighbors yard and for them to bring the nieces and nephews over to see my chickens and bunnies. This year, they call the police cuz my chickens were in their backyard!!! Zone guy told me to put a fence up. He didn't care if I was legal or not. (in town, ordinance was passed to have 5 chickens, I on the other hand, 1 1/3 acre wasn't allowed!) Put up a fence. Just the t posts and 4x4 wire. If you can do that, that would keep them out. If you have too much land, just make a how ever big area you want for them to "free range" in. Good Luck with those neighbors. Mine suk on both sides.

In the process of making these spiced apple rum rolls; finishing their second rising & about ready to put in oven. Man they look GOOD! Will report back if they are worthy:)

http://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/spiced-apple-rum-rolls-with-caramel-icing-zbcz1410.aspx?

Did 2 triple batches of chunky applesauce yesterday...which once cooked down was only 12 pints for canning. Two French Apple pies Monday...& still have 1/2 bushel of apples!!
Better yet you could bring some over. I'll make the coffee...

LOL! Would if I could..
wink.png
The rolls look delicious!!

I agree with the others, us use the blue coat, the others are less likely to pick at her
You are very lucky, we lost one to a hawk 2 days ago

thanks for the post 1mutt, they won't be happy till they poison all the ground and every thing we eat
somad.gif

tori, did you get your hen with bumble fixed? I am near GR but didn't see your post. there are a couple good remedies if I can find them

Back
Top Bottom