Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

So how was your Sunday wake-up call?
2am, 3, 4, dark...restoration was announced for tomorrow by 11pm
Was just about to call buddy around noon for freezer storage and water,
when power came back on.
Been sighing gratitude all day.

Went out to reset coop light timer and found the the 6th BCMxCCL cross egg,
broody had gotten up and eaten on her own, so gave her egg.

Silly, hope you are feeling better, the birds that like the rafters in my coop are the low in status. most of my roosts are the same height. most of the girls want to be on the roost with the rooster.
can you put your food outside?
I have a lower window sash, new, if anyone wants it for their coop, would be just for light
as there is not frame. we had a pane replaced by pella, the first one was miss measured and they didn't want it back.

Painful teeth are the worst! Glad it's fixed.
I have covers over the feeder and waterer in the coop section with rafter roosting birds, I agree poo in either isn't good. It was easier for me, rather than blocking them from the rafters. Lots more roost space, and less arguing over prime locations!
Mary
What breed is the rooster in your profile?

Leah's mom, it's illegal to relocate skunks and most other critters, except either on your own property, or to another private property within your county, with landowner permission. Don't trap if you won't shoot!
Theres a real risk of these critters having rabies, or canine distemper, and they will try to get back to your property.
If they survive, then a trap-wise chicken killer is out there looking for more chickens.
It's a bad story all around.
Mary

I agree with you. We released the skunks several years ago. I wouldn't do that today.

Silly, sore teeth are nothing to sneeze at. Better get a bite splint, if one cracked you probably have others that are stressed.
You might also be having some TMJ issues as well. I would recommend you use a wine cork to help stretch out your TMJ, to relax the jaw more.
You can even move the jaw around a little for little more effective stretch of the TMJ, I recommend it to a lot of my TMJ clients and I'll often do it myself in the car. If nothing more, it keeps me from yelling at the idiot in front of me on the road.
It's the Humane Society of Huron Valley, and they have an on-line application. I just filled one out for a barn cat myself.
Mary
They're just around the corner from our studio.

Well I'm de-worming the flock. No eggs all winter. Really, no eggs after August. I'm pretty sure age is a LARGE contributing factor, but it's either try this and hope they start laying, or deal with not having any eggs until August. That's not a pleasant thought for me. DH is pretty irritated that we've been spending as much as we have been on feed (which is really ANY spending) since they haven't lain a single egg in 6 months. If they don't start up by April I'm putting all of the old ones on CL for free.

I'm still on the hunt for chicks.....anything large fowl and lavender, and blrws. Living up north has its perks, but easy accessibility for less common farm things is *not* one of them.

I'm still on the hunt for chicks.....anything large fowl and lavender, and blrws. Living up north has its perks, but easy accessibility for less common farm things is *not* one of them.
I have PolishXSilkie(&Sizzle) in mostly BBS hues (not quite lavender). Hatched at the end of January. Probably too far for you. I am half way between Big Rapids and Grand Rapids (Pierson)
Just in case

Back
Top Bottom