Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

No touch visit wasn't nearly as weird as I had anticipated.
She's quite adept at it, and we are both conscientious about 'safety'.
It was so good to see her!

I didn't get the run fence fixed yet so the hens are free-ranging again today. They like the front of the house.
Dust1.jpg
Dust2.jpg
Dust3.jpg
Dust4.jpg

Gonna put broody in the enclosure tonight....I've got my doubts, sh'es not as broody as my others....no 'trance', no 'fluffy pancaking' on ground when removed from nest, and not really tickticktickticktick broody clucking. Hope she sticks.

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Easter day was just another day here. No awesome brunch with family. Planning on doing the brunch thing for mother's day. Fingers crossed.
Winds are picking up.
I didn't get the run fence fixed yet so the hens are free-ranging again today. They like the front of the house.
View attachment 2086754View attachment 2086755View attachment 2086756View attachment 2086757
Can they get back in Ok? It's going to be a very windy day. Keeping mine in today.

Our hatcher is full and I just heard some loud chirping! YAY. Filling orders for Iowas this month. :jumpy
All is good here, glad to hear everyone else is good. I am "essential" and have to report one day a week to the office. Driving downtown Lansing during this situation is wonderful! I love NO TRAFFIC. I get in, do what I have to, then can leave to finish my day working from home. I am sure I will not want to go back to working at the office. It has been great not driving every day to the office when I do have to go out in the field 50 percent of the time for my job.
I send Brett out to get groceries once per week, but that is what we always have done. I am only getting what I need, no hoarding here! I sent him with a N95 mask though. He won't wear them to clean the coop, but I made him take one to the store!

Mary, I was looking at my pitiful row of Lilacs and though of your double whites! Darn I would have loved to get one before all this social distancing! :caf

Back
Top Bottom