Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

She isn’t doing that anymore, thank goodness. She might have just been adjusting something? She’s a little more chatty and finally drank some on her own from her dish! That is improvement to me! I am keeping her inside tonight and have been giving her a little Greek yogurt and scrambled eggs if she’ll eat. I’ve never had anything like this happen since starting chickens six years ago, so THANK YOU for replying and walking me through things. I’ve been a mess today!
Have the EL and plain water available to her.
Good chicken ration is probably all she needs to eat....maybe wet it.
What's their regular feed?

Have the EL and plain water available to her.
Good chicken ration is probably all she needs to eat....maybe wet it.
What's their regular feed?

She's not doing any better today. :( I put her in with her flock this morning and she just retreated under her shade tree again and sat down. I called the vet and I'm going to take her in at 5PM (only time they had) because her poop still looks like the cancer one from The Chicken Chick poop chart here.

because her poop still looks like the cancer one from The Chicken Chick poop chart here.
This one?
1590665461851.png

Welcome newbies!

We took off on a spur of the moment camping trip. Indiana is open. Hubby got a e mail telling him the campground we go to was open on Thursday. Called and got a reservation and left Friday. Mad dash to get the camper ready. Still parked in barn. Luckily I have a list to check to make sure we get what we need. Let's just say our freezer is empty. Had a wonderful time. Campground was not full. Went and ate on the outside deck looking over Lake George. Played mini golf and were the only ones there. Grandkids enjoyed the change of scenery too. Only took 2 with us and didn't have time to make plans with the others.
Hope you all had a good week end.

Last edited:
Yes, that one and the other one as well. They've been more like the second one with the past few poops (more green, small stool with white/yellow liquid).
Similar to a bird that's drinking a lot of water and not eating much, IMO.
Hard not to jump to terrible conclusions when looking at poop pics.
Does your vet have poultry experience?
You might not really know what's ailing her unless she dies and a necropsy is preformed.

Similar to a bird that's drinking a lot of water and not eating much, IMO.
Hard not to jump to terrible conclusions when looking at poop pics.
Does your vet have poultry experience?
You might not really know what's ailing her unless she dies and a necropsy is preformed.

Yes, they are definitely similar to the one drinking a lot / not eating much, but she is definitely cooled down today and just shows no interest in normal chicken stuff. My vet has poultry experience, and I'd rather just not have her suffer or know for sure if its something I need to treat me whole flock for. I took out some more electrolyte water for her, so we'll just play the waiting game through the morning and afternoon.

This morning I got the three week old chicks out of the garage and into their separate space in the coop! No more 'garage babies' for the year, I hope! Cute as they are, it's enough already!
More rain! It could wait until the dry spell coming in August, but here we are. Again. At least it's not 90F still!
There's always a reason to complain about the weather...
Mary

The rain has stopped. The rain has stopped!! For now. Nice weekend ahead before it starts again. Turned out to be a nice day yesterday. Had pizza on the deck and went out for ice cream. Cooler this weekend, but great weather for outdoor chores.
Enjoy your weekend.... Stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom